5 Minute, No-Bake Almond Joy Cookies are the perfect snack to have on hand for chocolate cravings! All heart-healthy ingredients, and low in sugar.
When I was a kid, my favorite cookies were the no-bake cookies my mom made. I don’t have her recipe, but I remember lots of butter, lots of sugar, and lots of gooey hands from stealing them before they had set.
Last year, when making my Double Dark Chocolate Cookies, I realized the dough tasted a whole lot like those beloved cookies from my childhood.
What I do know is that extra virgin coconut oil tastes amazing, is so easy to use in baked goods, and easy to always have on hand in bulk! It’s an essential ingredient for these No-Bake Almond Joy Cookies.
Recently, I have been using it to make “freezer fudge” for my frozen yogurt recipes. Since it solidifies when cold, it creates a fudge-like consistency without very much sugar added. Add some nut butter, and the consistency will stay soft and creamy instead of hard like frozen coconut oil. In my Mocha Fudge Almond Frozen Yogurt, I used almond butter. For a more neutral flavor, I used cashew butter in my Secret Veggie Mint Fudge Chunk Frozen Yogurt.
When I started making this recipe, I was using sunflower butter. I also was just making the chocolate fudge cookie part, and dropping them in mounds on a plate and freezing– just super simple (and super delicious!).
To make them a bit more special, I’ve started adding this chewy coconut almond layer– tastes like an almond joy!
5 Minute, No-Bake Almond Joy Cookies Tips:
- To make these Gluten Free, make sure to use a certified gluten free oatmeal.
- Make it Vegan: Use maple syrup in an equal amount as an exchange for the honey, or use slightly more brown rice syrup.
- Make it Ahead: These cookies are perfect for having in your freezer for chocolate cravings and snack attacks! I kept them in my freezer for midnight snacks after my son was born and I was up breastfeeding at night!
- For the Family: These cookies are high in calories because of the nut butter and coconut oil, but the calories are all nutrient dense and healthy! My son loves these, and I don’t mind him having small amounts of honey once in a while. He is teething, so I let him have these right out of the freezer when his mouth is bothering him.
Nutritional data for No-Bake Almond Joy Cookies and images courtesy of www.NutritionData.com.
Other Healthy Chocolate Cookie Recipes:
- Healthy Avocado Chocolate Cookies, by The Sprouted Fig
- Healthy Double Chocolate Breakfast Cookies, by Whole and Heavenly
- No- Bake Chocolate Fudge Cookies, by OhSheGlows
- Gluten Free Double Dark Chocolate Cookies, by Vitamin Sunshine
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small percentage of any purchases made.