This amazing gluten free Apple Bread is covered in a sweet, crunchy pumpkin seed streusel. It holds together so well, and is filled with juicy, tart apple slices. A new favorite in our house!
We love tea time. We love coffee breaks. We love sweet treats, and salty treats, and snacks.
This apple bread is one of our new favorite snacks. When you try it (which I know you will, because LOOK at that crunchy topping!), it will be one of your favorites, too.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, right? How about a slice of apple streusel bread a day? Now we’re talking.
This is adapted from my Raspberry Pear Coffee Cake. The batter for that cake was just too good to leave alone. It had to be adapted and transformed into other delicious recipes.
If you’ve made gluten free breads before only to have them crumble, be too dense, or have a gritty texture, you’re in for a treat with this combination. I love oat flour and almond flour, and combined they make such beautiful breads and cookies. Add a little arrowroot, and it brings it all together with a little extra holding power.
If you’re new to gluten free baking, but would like to read more about why I suggest it for everyone, and not just for those who are intolerant, look at my Clean Eating Gluten Free Guide to Baking Flours. I also recommend reading about healthy baking add-ins, and healthy clean-eating sweeteners as well.
Eating clean, healthy foods is not about deprivation or “dieting.” It’s a lifestyle focused around whole, fresh, flavorful foods, and healthier treats in moderation.
Tips for Apple Bread
- This is a recipe I prefer to use store bought oat flour for, rather than milling my own in my blender. It you have a high speed blender and can process it really finely, that will work, but the texture is best with the store bought kind.
- Make is Gluten Free: If necessary, be sure to use certified gluten free oat flour.
Nutritional data for Apple Bread and images courtesy of www.NutritionData.com.
Other Gluten Free Quick Bread Recipes:
- Bakery Style Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins, by Gluten Free on a Shoestring
- Banana Bread Muffins, by Pinch of Yum
- Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chip Muffins, by Vitamin Sunshine (no sugar added!)
- Raspberry Pear Coffee Cake, by Vitamin Sunshine (this can be baked into a loaf)
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small percentage of any purchases made.