Langkawi made my world brighter 🙂
And sitting at the bar drinking duty free Coronas with Alex sure made me smile (alcohol is taxed heavily in Malaysia, but Langkawi is a duty free port).
And green juices at the marina.
And while I was there, my blog had it’s first significant spike. The internet loves Metabolism Booster smoothies, it seems! I started receiving a ton of blog traffic after it posted last Friday. When I first checked the social media stats, they were:
And the next morning:
And it just keeps going:
This has given me a lot to think about in regards to the potential of this hobby of mine.
My favorite super fast meal lately?
Super crunchy romaine leaves topped with– whatever is in the fridge! I’ve put the artichoke millet power salad on top, the other night it was lots of peppers, tomatoes, jalapenos, olives, and grilled chicken, and then I even had them for breakfast yesterday topped with peppers, chicken sausage, and scrambled eggs. And lots of cholula, of course. Simple, fresh, and healthy.
- Brownies are my favorite treat. I don’t make them often, because you typically have to use more sugar than you do in cookies. But this recipe for Chewy Fudgy Homemade Brownies by Living Healthy with Chocolate got me. I love paleo/grain free baking.
- I love the idea of grain free bread, but I haven’t found one I really like. I am going to try this “Better than Old Fashioned White Bread,” by Purely Twins this week. Parsnips- yum!
- Almond milk is my favorite milk alternative- but it isn’t easy to find in Kuala Lumpur! Sometimes, I am able to get my favorite- Almond Breeze, but it’s been months since I’ve seen it. I’ve tried making my own several times, but twice it has soured within a day, and was such a huge waste of almonds! Has anyone else had this experience? I’m going to try Against All Grain’s method for Almond Milk this week — cross your fingers it works out!
- Maybe this article is more “other,” but I think mental health is maybe more important than physical. This article, 33 Ways to live a Richer, More Meaningful Life, from JillFit, is a great list of things we can all do each day to be happier, and less focused on the negative. Worth reading!
- This photography tutorial on Pinch of Yum on the “pour shot” gave some great advice! My pour shots definitely need some work. I keep attempting them, but there’s always something blurry. I need to use my tripod more often!
…just not clear enough.
Happy Monday! Have a great week.