Weeknight dinners don’t get easier than this Herbed Lemon Chicken and Sweet Potato Dinner. Everything can be prepped in 10 minutes and roasted in 35- plus there is only 1 pan to wash! Whole 30 approved!
This dinner was born out of my realization that I do way too many dishes. I counted the other day, and I had used 5 glasses by 4:00 in the afternoon.
It’s not unheard of for me to use 3 pots and pans to make dinner, plus a cutting board, and because I tend to be messy, the floor needs to be cleaned up afterwards, too.
We made this quick and easy sheet pan dinner last week, and then 3 times after. I couldn’t believe how much flavor was concentrated into the vegetables simply by adding onion and lemon slices.
The truth is, I’d rather do a sink full of dishes than rely on convenience food that is void of flavor and nutrients.
I recently added a new category to my recipes– Family Favorites. This is getting tagged as one, because I couldn’t keep Xander away from this pan while I was photographing it. Kids love sweet potatoes- and what a great way to give them healthy carbs, and tons of vitamin A and fiber.
The Creamy 4 Veggie Macaroni and Cheese I posted last week is another recent family favorite. Other toddler approved dishes we’ve been making for him and his friends lately are my gluten free chicken nuggets, Slow Cooker Moroccan Pumpkin Chicken, and Butternut Turkey Baked Spaghetti.
Tips for Herbed Lemon Chicken and Sweet Potato
- This is customizable! Other veggies we love to roast are carrots, brussels sprouts, parsnips, cauliflower, and zucchini. Throw what you have on hand into this dish. Don’t leave out the onion or lemon slices if you can! The lemon juice and juices from the chicken result in super flavorful sweet onions that really make this dinner special.
- Save time: Use store bought trimmed vegetables, then all you’ll need to do is chop up the chicken, chop an onion, and slice a lemon. Easy peasy.
- For the Family: When Xander was younger, he loved dishes like this, but needed the veggies cooked a bit longer than the rest of us like them. I would just leave his veggies in the oven for an extra 5-10 minutes until they were really soft. Now he is fine eating them just like we do.
Nutritional data for Sheet Pan Herbed Lemon Chicken and Sweet Potato Dinner and images courtesy of www.NutritionData.com.
Other One-Pan Dinner Recipes:
- One Pot Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowls, by Favorite Family Recipes
- One Pot Cheesy Italian Pasta and Chicken, by Slow Roasted Italian
- One Pot Garlic Butter Chicken, Green Beans and Potatoes, by Yummy Healthy Easy
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken and Rice, by Vitamin Sunshine
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small percentage of any purchases made.